Cattlemen's Days Scholarship
CATTLEMEN’S DAYS, INC.
CONCRETE SYSTEMS, INC 4-H/FFA SCHOLARSHIP
Support and further the education of longtime 4-H/FFA exhibitors
by Cattlemen’s Days, Inc. and Concrete Systems, Inc.
P.O. Box 1203, Gunnison, CO 81230
Scholarship Recipients to be announced at the Jr. Livestock Sale
Application Due Date: May 1st of each year
Applications are available at the Gunnison County Extension Office, from Scott Nordberg, Gunnison FFA Advisor.
General Rules and Qualifications
1. Applicant must be a graduate of Gunnison High School or Crested Butte High School.
2. Applicant must have attended Gunnison High School or Crested Butte High School for at least two years.
3. Applicant must have exhibited a 4-H or FFA project at Cattlemen’s Days, or qualified show*, for three of their four years in high school.
4. Applicant must exhibit a 4-H or FFA project at Cattlemen’s Days the summer immediately following graduation from high school.
5. Applicant must enroll in and attend a post-secondary institution of learning fall term following graduation.
6. A copy of official transcripts must accompany application.
7. Applicants must submit two letters of reference from non-related persons describing applicant’s character, leadership, responsibility, citizenship, and community involvement.
8. Applicants may be requested to appear for an interview with the Scholarship Committee.
9. Decision of the Scholarship Committee will be final.
10. If recipient fails to attend school fall term following award of the scholarship, award will be forfeited to another applicant or carried forward to be awarded to a selected recipient in the future.
11. Scholarship will be paid to institution in name of recipient.
12. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
* Qualified show to be determined by County Extension Agent
2023 Cattlemen's Days
JULY 4th - TETWP Pinkapalooza Concert at I-Bar
JULY 6th - TETWP Songwriter Shuffle Concert
JULY 7th - 4-H Horse Show
JULY 8th - Ranch Rodeo (auction prior)
JULY 9th - Open Horse Show
JULY 10th - 4-H Dog Show, 4-H General Projects Awards Review
JULY 10th - Cowboy Poetry at the I-Bar
JULY 11th - 15th - 4-H General Projects displayed at Fairgrounds
JULY 11th - Watershed Barrel Races
JULY 12th - 4-H Rabbit Show
JULY 12th - Watershed Team Roping
JULY 12th - 15th - Evening Carnival
JULY 12th - Pioneer Banquet at the Elks Lodge
JULY 13th - PRCA Rodeo Slack
JULY 13th - 4-H & FFA Swine Show
JULY 13th - 4-H & FFA Sheep Show
JULY 13th - PRCA #1 TETWP Rodeo
JULY 13th - Parking Lot Party at 5B's Barbeque - Live Music
JULY 14th - 4-H & FFA Goat Show
JULY 14th - 4-H & FFA Cattle Show
JULY 14th - 4-H & FFA Round Robin Showmanship
JULY 14th - PRCA Patriot Night Rodeo
JULY 15th - Cattlemen's Days Parade
JULY 15th - Buyers BBQ, Scholarship, Cattlemen's Junior Livestock Auction
JULY 15th - PRCA Gunnison Ranchland Legacy Rodeo
JULY 16th - Cowboy Church at the Fairgrounds